Thursday, October 6, 2011

Spanish Flair in San Juan

La Bodeguita
Intercontinental Hotel
San Juan, PR 00921

 La Bodeguita is a relatively new addition to the Intercontinental Hotel. It was not there when I visited in December 2009, but it opened after I left and it is really an awesome idea. It is built in the style of a Spanish barista shop and it offers coffee, wines by the glass, and select menu items. They specialize in sandwiches, which are what I enjoyed on a few separate occasions. The two sandwiches that I enjoyed were the Cuban sandwich, and the grilled chicken sandwich with caramelized onions.

The Cuban was really well done. Although the service is a bit slow at La Bodeguita sometimes, when the Cuban came out I was very happy with it. It was crunchy like a Cuban sandwich should be, not to mention the ham, cheese, mustard, and pickles combination that was as perfect as ever. Cuban sandwiches just may be my favorite sandwich of all time next to the cheeseburger, and La Bodeguita made quite a good one. I also enjoyed the grilled chicken sandwich that I had the next time I ate at La Bodeguita. It was nothing mind blowing or life changing, but the chicken was cooked perfectly, the onions were wonderfully caramelized, and the bread was a fantastic match for the sandwich.

I really enjoyed the two times that I ate at La Bodeguita. My girlfriend’s father is the GM of the hotel and La Bodeguita is his baby. He remodeled the hotel to include La Bodeguita after he arrived. I think he did a really fantastic job with it, and it is certain to keep visitors happy each and every time that they visit. Definitely give it a try if you visit the Intercontinental Hotel in San Juan! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers