Thursday, October 13, 2011

Better Art than Food

Brio
1165 Pinero Avenida
San Juan, PR 00920

I had a really tough time writing this review because I could not rack my brain to remember what I had to eat at Brio in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I know that this may look bad on me, but I really feel that it is a sign about how bad the meal was for me to forget what I ate. I have never forgotten what I ate so easily before, so I do apologize, but it definitely relates to the quality of the meal.

My girlfriend and I went to Brio with her dad and the his colleague from the Intercontinental San Juan for a monthly meeting of an organization that they both belong to. The layout of the restaurant was interesting, an art gallery upstairs, and a restaurant downstairs, but that was the only good thing about my entire experience at Brio. I know that I had a Caesar salad that was simply ok. The salad dressing didn’t have a whole lot of flavor, so that usually makes me lose interest. Also there were large shavings of parmesan cheese that were far too large to be used on top of a salad.

I know that I had a churrasco steak for my main course and it was bit overcooked. Overall the steak was ok, but overcooking such a thin and tender piece of meat is an absolute crime to me. The chimichurri sauce was one of the worst I have ever had. It had a few stems in it and the sauce wasn’t very cohesive. My girlfriends salmon was atrociously overcooked, so that made me really see how poor the kitchen staff was.

We had some form of dessert, but I only remember taking a bite or two and stopping because it was pretty bad. 

My girlfriend’s dad and his colleague both said that the food all tasted as if it came from a box. Nothing seemed to be fresh and nothing seemed to be made from scratch. I do not really understand the point of having a restaurant if you are not going to make it seem like you care and put in the time and effort to make it worthwhile. Stay away from Brio; there are much better places to eat in Puerto Rico. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers