Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Backstreet Delicious...

Jax Backstreet Tavern
55 Glenway Street
Belmont, NC 28012

While visiting my sister in North Carolina, I had the opportunity to go to a bar/restaurant that one of her friends from the vet clinic she works in works at as a second job. The place was pretty cool, a sports bar with a pretty crazy menu full of their wild take on bar food. Everything is pretty cheap, and something really caught my eye, and my brother-in-laws as well, so we ordered it to go with our beers, and shared it with the table.



Now a word about the beer… Red Oak. I long for the day that I can get a Red Oak back here in the Philly area, but I am unsure if it will ever come. Red Oak brewing company is located in Burlington, NC, right near my alma mater of Elon University, so I am very familiar with their beer. Not only have I been to the brewery several times, but I drank their beer every chance that I got while I was in North Carolina because it is so darn tasty. Don’t pass up any opportunity you have to try a Red Oak, because you will be sorry you did. It is hands down one of the best beers I have ever tasted.



We ordered the smothered angry tots. I had to order the tots because you simply don’t see them on a whole lot of menus, not to mention they were topped with bacon, cheese, jalapenos and chipotle ranch sauce. This was a mind blowing thing to eat. I seriously want to make it myself because it was so damn good. I cannot stop thinking about it, and I could not stop eating it at the time. The tater tots were super crunchy, even under all of the toppings. The jalapenos and chipotle ranch gave it a nice bit of heat, while the ranch and cheese gave it a creamy texture and cooled it down a bit. And what is there to say about bacon other than its amazing. I’m telling you each and every bit of this dish was incredible.



Next time I go to visit my sister I am making her take me back to Jax for these tots. I don’t care that its an hour plus drive from her house…I want those tots again! You do too, so give them a try if you are ever in the Belmont, North Carolina vicinity. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers