Monday, May 21, 2012

A Little Break from the Norm...


Chick’s Deli
906 Township Lane
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

We seem to be stuck in the same routine when it comes to going out for lunch at work lately. We either go out for sushi, pho, Korean, or a Primo’s hoagie. I was glad when my buddy said that he had been craving a sandwich with broccoli rabe on it, since that brought us to Chick’s Deli in Cherry Hill for something a little different.

The place was completely packed when we walked in. It looked like it should be on Diner’s Drive-Ins and Dives because it is a little place tucked away in an alley that you would never know was there unless someone told you about it. You can walk up to the counter to order and then you go sit down, eat, and pay when you are finished. So I walked up to the counter, ordered my special for the day, which was a roast pork sandwich with broccoli rabe and provolone, and I of course added long hots to that. I grabbed a bag of salt and vinegar chips, a water, and waited anxiously for my sandwich.



When I got my sandwich I was in heaven. It was right up there with one of the best roast pork sandwiches that I have had. The bread was soft and chewy, and the pork was super tender. It melted in my mouth, and the strong flavor of the sharp provolone cut stood out  in each and every bite. The kicker to the whole sandwich was the long hots. They were really hot, but I don’t know that there is a more perfect marriage of flavor than long hots on a roast pork sandwich, filled to the brim with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone cheese. To top it all off, the sandwich was showered in the pork juice, leaving the whole sandwich nice and moist.

I hope we make a habit of going to Chick’s for lunch when we go out at work. The place is awesome, and the food is fantastic. Get out there and try it when you get the chance. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers