Monday, May 28, 2012

Mi Pueblito...Si Senor!

Mi Pueblito
220 Oak Street
Forest City, NC 28043

On the last day that I was visiting my sister in North Cackalacky (North Carolina), her husband, her twins, and I all went down to have lunch with her and the girls near the vet clinic that they work at in Forest City. We went to a Mexican restaurant that I had been to once before with my sister known as Mi Pueblito. We sat down and began feeding the babies while we pondered what to order. 

The decoration inside was kind of plain, but the feel inside was as authentic as they come. The food smelled fantastic, and each and every server was Mexican. They bring you out an order of house made chips and salsa, still warm from the fryer. They also brought us out a little bowl of their queso dip, made with a white Hispanic cheese that tasted a lot like queso fresco. In the mean time we ordered our meals and devoured multiple baskets of their chips and salsa. 





For my lunch I ordered their three item combo of a beef taco, chile relleno and a chalupa. All three were very good. The taco beef was seasoned well, and the chile relleno was warm, crunchy, cheesy and fresh. Finally the chalupa was a bit forgettable. It didn’t really impress me much, and I kind of wish I had simply ordered some beans or rice instead of it. It lacked flavor and didn’t really have much of an impression on me.

Mi Pueblito was a great place to grab some authentic Mexican food for a very reasonable price. I think my meal only cost 6 dollars or something silly like that. You get a lot of food for what you order, and it is really well done for the most part. Give it a try if you are ever in the Forest City area. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers