Friday, July 10, 2015

Blow Your Mind Sammiches...



DiPascale's at Meadowbrook
3012 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08109

If you want a slammin sammich, this is your spot. It's actually two stores with another in between, but one houses the fresh produce and the other has groceries and the deli. This is a family run joint that has some really spectacular sandwiches on the menu. Everything is large. Every sandwich, every item they make, all huge. Its not just about size here though, its all about the quality as well. Produce is picked up and delivered fresh every morning from the market in South Philly.



I hadn't stopped by in quite some time, but I found myself across the bridge and in the mood for a hoagie, so I stopped in. The service at the deli counter is awesome. They have great help back there, and as I mentioned everything is huge. The sandwich seriously has some weight to it when you pick it up. I ordered the kitchen sink and a three pack of pepper shooters. They were definitely the biggest pepper shooters I have ever had. The sandwich was packed full of all its fillings; turkey breast, proscuitto, broccoli rabe, roasted peppers, sharp provolone and fresh mozzarella. I could only eat half of it, and I was full for a while afterwards. 



It all starts with the bread. I love Sarcone's seeded rolls. They are perfect sandwich rolls. The amount of filling in their sandwiches is just shy of absurd. Why can they afford to make sandwiches like this, but other places slap two slices of meat and cheese on it and sell it for the same price? This hoagie weighs almost two pounds and costs 8.50! I really loved the turkey with the proscuitto, which I wasnt sure that I would. The sharpness of the provolone was a nice touch as well to go along with the creamy mozzarella. You can get me with broccoli rabe on any sandwich, so that pulled it all together nicely for me.

Four pints for DiPascale's. I have never been disappointed with a purchase from this place. I think the value for money is fantastic, and the quality of the food is delicious. Outstanding sandwiches, outstanding people and fresh produce all in the same location. It is a definite winner, and if you know about it tell your friends because this place is awesome! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers