Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sunday Funday Beers...



The Cambridge
1508 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146

I have yet to eat a full meal here at the Cambridge, but I have been numerous times for drinks. They have a fantastic beer selection and the vibe in the place is really casual and fun. I love the outdoor garden in the back. This time around that's where we wanted to sit, and although the hostess was lazy and didn't want to take the time to move some chairs around so we could sit outside, my fiance persisted and eventually we got her to move one of the chairs not being used to an empty table so we could sit outside.



It was a perfect sunshiny day, so my fiance and I had a bit of a Sunday Funday. We ordered up a few rounds of beers, all of which were pretty awesome. The draft list is always diverse and each and every time we go there, I find myself wanting to try a lot of what they have to offer. Its worth a visit just for the drinks alone.



We got a little hungry while we were drinking, so we ordered a small snack to have with our third round of beers. The pork belly crostini was calling my name from the moment I looked at the menu, so we decided to share it. It was the perfect thing to snack on while drinking. The pork belly was crisped up awesomely on its exterior, but still melt in my mouth meaty, fatty goodness on the inside. The fig vincotto was also a nice pairing with the pork belly because of the sweet/salty contrast. I liked the texture of the English pea and ricotta puree, but I didn't really think the peas were needed. It probably would have tasted the same or better if it was just the ricotta. The bread was crunchified as well for another level of texture.



Three and a half pints for the Cambridge. I can't really offer them anything more than that because I haven’t had a full meal here, but I do know that the beer options are amazing, the pork belly crostini is on point and the rest of the menu looks delicious. The menu options that they offer are spectacular, so I will definitely return for dinner, brunch, lunch or all of the above. It's definitely worth a visit for the beer alone! Give it a shot and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers