Monday, July 27, 2015

Summertime Pops...

Popularity Pops
216 South Bay Avenue
Beach Haven, NJ 08008

My fiancé and I grabbed a couple pops from here as we were walking back from the grocery store one summer weekend. They have a ton of great flavors to choose from. It was pretty hot out, so I probably should have gotten a fruit flavored one, but I love gelato, so I wound up ordering the Salted Caramel, while my fiance ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter.



They were decent popsicles, but they were definitely very different. They had the richness effect you expect from gelato, and I thought the flavors were very nicely done. I enjoyed the salted caramel one much more than the chocolate peanut butter one, but they definitely could have both used some improvements. They held up pretty well in the heat too which is always a plus, especially in a summer time beach town. The major draw back for me was the price. Four dollars for one popsicle is very pricey in my opinion. I know there is a lot more going on in these handmade popsicles, but it still seems a bit high.

One and a half pints for Popularity Pops. The location isn't really conducive to a lot of traffic, so I think they may have a tough time of it. Also, 4 dollars for a popsicle is pretty steep. Its worth a stop in at least to try it, but I cant say Ill be back frequently with so many great ice cream shops to choose from on LBI. Let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers