Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Great Place to Hang...



Blue Anchor and Spruce Street Harbor Park
301 South Christopher Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106

I met a few friends here on a summer Sunday to celebrate a birthday, and I really liked the vibe of the place. Outside of the area we went to eat and drink is a park with hammocks hanging from the trees and all kinds of vendors and games set up. Its just another awesome thing to see and do in Philly, and a reason Philly is unlike any other.

It was a pretty cool setup, with sand everywhere and beach chairs, but the food was pretty forgettable. I loved the booze side of things; Yards beers, sangrias and even a cocktail which I loved that was a mixture of rye and a root beer liquor.

My main issue was with the food. It was pretty bad. The burger I ordered was cold and didnt have a whole lot of flavor going on. In fact it was really dry. I ate it because I was starving and because it was 8 bucks, but it really wasn't worth it. I totally get that they are cooking out of a shipping container, but food cooked to order should at least be hot. I was actually very disappointed by this because it was a Garces run operation. I have come to expect bigger and better things from him and his crew. 



I can honestly only give Blue Anchor one and a half pints because of how bad the food offerings were. I would sit out there and drink all day in the nice weather, but I will be eating elsewhere for sure. I really like the outdoor setup of it. It is extremely seasonal, so if you want to check it out this year, you are going to need to go soon. Go for drinks, skip the food! I have yet to visit again this summer, but I have heard that there are much more and better food options this year, so it may be a bit better for you out there. Check it out and let me know. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers