Monday, August 10, 2015

Unforeseen Tastiness...



Hykel’s
2704 East County Line Road
Ardmore, PA 19003

I didnt have anything at home to bring in for lunch one day, so I ventured out to grab takeout from Hykel's, a bar down the road from my office. I didnt know much about it, but the reviews were pretty good, so I gave it a shot. I ordered a chicken cheesesteak and an order of onion rings to go. I went and picked it up in about 20 minutes and brought it back to my office to enjoy.

Both the sandwich and the onion rings stayed very hot. The sandwich was very cheesy and had a ton of chicken on it. It was all seasoned and cooked well. The roll was what made it though. It was a fantastic chewy hoagie roll. I thought it was a really solid effort on the chicken cheesesteak.

The onion rings were very crispy, and although I found them to be a bit more oily than they should be, the onion rings were crispy, and the batter coated the rings perfectly. The onions didnt pull away from the breading when I bit into them, but rather allowed them to be bitten and enjoyed in smaller amounts.

Hykels deserves three pints for their solid effort on the chicken cheesesteak and onion rings. Just a little bit of ketchup was all I needed to make it a perfect little lunch. I will definitely go back for more as the food was very good. Maybe I'll dine in to give that a shot too. I think it is worth a trip for sure. Let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers