Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Buffalize It" I Dare You

Chicken or the Egg
207 N. Bay Avenue
Beach Haven, NJ 08008

One of the best places to eat in Long Beach Island is the Chicken or the Egg in Beach Haven. I have literally been to this restaurant hundreds of times. It is that good! They have incredible breakfast (voted best on the island), they offer great food all day long (they are open 24 hours), and you can “buffalize” anything on the menu (add any one of their 15 wing sauces to any dish on the menu). They are known for their wings, and made famous on Man vs. Food, a show on the travel channel. You can almost never go to Chicken or the Egg without waiting in a massive line, but each and every time that you wait, it is always worth it.

This time that I went in particular, I went for breakfast with my girlfriend and my brother.We sat down without a long wait, and we ordered right away. I ordered a California wrap, which was a tomato wrap filled with avocado, egg whites, tomato, and grilled chicken. I also ordered a side of zapper sauce, their third hottest sauce, and doused each bite of my wrap in it. The wrap was very good on its own. Each of the items inside provided tremendous flavor, and they all were enhanced beautifully with the tangy spiciness of the zapper sauce that I dipped it in. The hash browns served with it were very good as well. They are simple, small cut up potatoes, cooked until crisp.





I have to make mention of a second time that I went to Chicken or the Egg this summer, because the item that I had was unbelievable. I went on a Sunday evening for dinner with my girlfriend, my cousin, and his wife. I ordered a special that they had on the menu, and it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. Admittedly not the healthiest choice, but still fantastically delicious I had a burger, topped with pulled pork, served with a side of barbeque sauce, and of course I added the zapper sauce. It had every flavor you want in a complex and perfect dish. It was sweet from the barbeque sauce, tangy and spicy from the zapper sauce, meaty and salty from the pork, and doughy and delicious because of the roll, not to mention crunchy from the crust on the burger that was cooked to perfection.

The Chicken or the Egg is an incredible place to eat. The concept behind the restaurant is great, the restaurant is run correctly, and they offer phenomenal food in generous portions 24 hours a day. Whether looking for food after the bars close at 3 am, a fantastic breakfast, or great dinner, the Chicken or the Egg can fill all those criteria. Don’t miss an opportunity to visit! They are only open from the end of April to October. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers