Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pho Fridays...

Pho Garden
600 N. Kings Highway
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have quickly come to love pho and I am really trying to find some of the best places around that serve it. The good thing is that I work with some people I would consider experts, and they usually know where to find some good pho. I had been keeping my eye on a place in the shopping center next to where I work, because I had seen that a new Vietnamese place called Pho Garden was going to be opening soon. Once it did, a bunch of my friends from work and I walked over on our lunch to taste their pho.

The feel inside was similar to the one I had at Pho Barclay and at Sammy Chon’s. We were one of if not the only group of non Vietnamese customers in the restaurant, which sometimes makes me feel out of place, but also lets me know that I am going to be in for an authentic meal. I split an order of spring rolls with my buddy, and I ordered the well done brisket and sliced rare beef.

The spring rolls with chicken came out first, and they were very tasty. They were served with a peanut dipping sauce, which was really delicious, but a bit too sweet for me. I added sriracha to mine after that, and it was 1000 times better.



The pho was a bit more authentic than the one at Pho Barclay, but I find it hard to say which one was better. The broths were quite similar; both were extremely flavorful. I added the same extra fix-ins to my pho this time: fresh sliced jalapenos, bean sprouts, thai basil, and sriracha. It made the soup nice and spicy. It was fantastic, and it fills me up perfectly each time. I would really love to know how they get it to stay so freaking hot that it can still burn the crap out of my mouth the entire time I am eating it. Pho really is a fantastic meal, and I would recommend it to anyone.

There are probably better pho places out there than Pho Garden, but for someone that has never tried it, or someone that doesn’t feel like driving too far to get it, Pho Garden is definitely a safe bet for some pretty good pho. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers