Monday, October 1, 2012

Hopping Along in Lancaster...



Tobias S. Frogg
1766 Columbia Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603

This Winter, I had to head out to Lancaster again to do some fieldwork at one of the clients that I work on. We went out to lunch with the controller of the organization one day to a funky little place called Tobias S. Frogg. It had a really eclectic feel to it, and it seemed to be right up my alley. Once I looked at the menu, I knew I was going to enjoy our lunch.

I am an obsessed fan of baked potato soup, so as soon as I saw it on the menu at Tobias S. Frogg, I knew that I had to order it. I also ordered a jerk chicken sandwich with house-made kettle cooked chips, so I was pretty excited for my lunch to come out.



The soup came out first and I have to say it was pretty delicious. It wasn’t as creamy as other baked potato soups that I have had, but it was rich and hearty, the way a good soup should be. It was the type of warm tastiness that everyone loves on a cold winter’s day. It had chunks of bacon dispersed throughout as well, and a decent helping of cheese and large chunks of potato in there as well.

When my sandwich came out I was a bit disappointed by the size of the piece of chicken that was on my roll. The taste was very good, it had the traditional deep flavor presented by jerk seasonings, but the bread to chicken ratio was just terrible. They either needed to use a bigger piece of chicken, or a smaller roll. Other than that though the sandwich was pretty spot on. The housemade kettle cooked chips were amazing! I am so used to having Herr’s kettle cooked chips that I forgot how good home-made ones can be. These were fresh and super crunchy and I enjoyed each and every one.



If I get to go to Lancaster again next year, I will definitely be looking forward to going to Tobias S. Frogg once again. The food was very good, and the menu was pretty diverse as well. It’s a great lunch spot in Lancaster, and I am sure it would be good for dinner too, so if you are ever in the neighborhood, give it a try! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers