Thursday, October 4, 2012

You Should be Green With Envy of This One...



Greenfield Inn
595 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601

While in Lancaster this year, we went to yet another place that was a favorite of the employees that went on the trip over the years; a place called the Greenfield Inn. It was a bit of a hike from where we were staying, but once we got there I knew we were in for a nice meal. The place literally looked like an old inn, and it was decorated very nicely inside. The waiters and waitresses were dressed up in fancy uniforms, and the place was packed with people. It seemed as though they had a live piano performer in the bar area, which I thought was pretty cool.



Once we sat down I decided to change it up for the evening from my usual beers to a Long Island iced tea. After tasting it however I wish I hadn’t. It was way too sweet, and it definitely wasn’t as strong as I am used to. I prefer my Long Island iced teas to be so strong that I only need two or three before I am on the floor. We ordered our food while enjoying our drinks; I decided on a house salad with creamy parmesan peppercorn dressing and the pan seared halibut with mushrooms, potatoes, and haricot vert for my main course. 



The salad dressing was absolutely bomb. It was super creamy like a ranch dressing, but it had a lot of bite from the parmesan and the crushed peppercorns that were inside of it. I devoured the delicious salad and waited with anticipation for my main course. 



When the fish came out I knew I was going to enjoy it. It was absolutely cooked to perfection, and there was a nice bit of crust on the one side. I love a piece of fish with a crispy exterior, and halibut is a very firm fish, so it stands up to heat really well when being seared. It was absolutely succulent; each bite contained a variety of textures and flavors. The accoutrements of the mushrooms, fingerling potatoes and the haricot vert were the perfect pairing for the flaky and tasty fish. I can’t believe how much my tastes have changed that I actually enjoy mushrooms now. There was a time when you couldn’t force me to eat them even if they were the only thing that would save me from dying. Ha



The Greenfield Inn was a pretty spectacular place. I really hope I get to go to Lancaster again next year just for a repeat meal at Greenfields. You would do well to try this place if you get the chance! Cheers!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers