Monday, October 29, 2012

Shockingly Delicious Bar Food...



Public House
2 Logan Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103

I have been offered different gift certificates through my credit card company to places in Philadelphia. One of those places happened to be Public House at Logan Square. I had only heard of people going out there to drink and hang out, but had never heard much about the food. We decided to give the restaurant a try one Friday evening during Lent, but we weren’t sure that we were going to be able to find many fish options. Luckily enough we found a few, and a vast selection of cocktails.



I started with a blackberry whiskey drink, which was a special for that evening. After tasting it however, I quickly wished I hadn’t. It was absolutely terrible. A delicious cocktail usually comes together and meshes perfectly. This cocktail didn’t do that. It tasted like a bunch of things that were mixed together that shouldn’t have been. The drink was watery, the blackberry flavor was almost non existent, and the only thing I could really taste through it all was the whiskey. I really wished I had simply ordered a beer.



We moved onto the appetizers and we were much happier. We had ordered the fried pierogis to share, and I had ordered a bowl of tomato bisque. The fried pierogis were pretty delicious. I had never had something like that before, and I really enjoyed them. They were super crunchy on the outside, and the potato and cheese mixture on the inside was warm and delicious. They were served with an aioli that was scrumptious. The tomato bisque was fantastic! It was a bit spicier than I thought it would be, but it was a welcome surprise. It had parmesan breadcrumbs on top and they cut through the acidity and spiciness of the soup with each and every delectable bite.



We were really looking forward to our entrees after tasting the appetizers, and we dug in as soon as they arrived. I had ordered the salmon that came with haricot verts and fingerling potatoes, and my girlfriend had ordered the crabcake sandwich with a Cajun remoulade and sweet potato fries. Both entrees were very good, I really enjoyed my salmon. It’s not really the type of food you would expect to get at a sports bar, but it came out really well done. I enjoyed each and every bite, and the potatoes and green beans were the perfect accompaniments to the delicious salmon.




You would probably be surprised at the quality of food that you can get at Public House. It’s a sports bar, so you would think that they have delicious burgers and wings and things of that nature. You might not think that they have delicious baked salmon on the menu, but I tried it, and it was pretty darn good. Give them a try if you are looking for a cheaper, yet still delicious meal. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers