Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This Devil Can Feed Me Anytime...



Devils Alley
1907 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

It really is a challenge to not eat meat when going out to eat on Fridays during Lent, but even more so, it is very difficult to not eat meat when you are eating at a bar more known for its barbeque and beer selection than anything. That being said, my girlfriend and I actually had a very delicious meal at Devil’s Alley one Friday evening, even though their fish selections were limited. They don’t offer many seafood items on their regular menu, but they did have a few extra choices on the special menu for the day, so I wound up ordering the fish tacos with black bean and corn salsa and a side of mac and cheese with tomato relish to share with my girlfriend. She ordered her own crabcakes with French fries, and we sipped a few beers while we waited for our food to come out. 



I was incredibly impressed with the fish tacos when I tasted them. The fish was grilled and the char on it was really nice. The fish was light and flaky, and it paired so well with the sweetness of the corn, the sourness of the lime juice, and the texture of the black beans. I devoured all three of the tacos in mere minutes and turned my attention to the wonderfully cheesy mac and cheese. It was some of the best mac and cheese I have had in my day, and the tomato relish really kicked it into another stratosphere. It really tasted like when I was a kid and mixed some ketchup into my mac and cheese and it tasted absolutely incredible. Fantastically delicious!



I also had the chance to taste my girlfriend’s crabcakes and they were quite tasty as well. Not the best crabcakes I have ever had, but they were full of real crab and not much filler. They were crispy on the outside, yet still creamy and delicious in the middle. 



I can’t wait to go back to Devil’s Alley and try some of the delicious barbeque that they have on menu. The fish items that we had were amazing, so I can only imagine how delicious the rest of the items are. I think you should go out, try it, and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers