Monday, January 21, 2013

Beach Haven Gem...



Engleside Inn
30 Engleside Avenue
Beach Haven, NJ 08008

This year my brother got a job working at the Engleside Inn in Beach Haven, one of our favorite places to eat during the summer. One night when he had off, we decided to go over and indulge in some of the delicious offerings from their menu. They offer fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere, and they have an absolutely spectacular sushi bar as well. 



 

My brother and I both enjoy sushi, so we decided to split a roll as an appetizer. The roll we ordered was called the burn and burn roll. It was a spicy roll with spicy tuna, a spicy mayo, and masago on top. The fish was super tender, the rice was cooked exactly as sushi rice should be, and the spiciness of the sauce was delightful. We doused off the roll pretty quickly, and I immediately wished we had ordered more.




They offer a few salad dressing options with their house salad. I wound up choosing a wasabi soy dressing. It was a bit sweet for my taste, but it was tasty nonetheless. 





For my main course I had ordered the lamb chops with a red wine demi glaze, summer vegetables and a side of garlic mashed potatoes. The only complaint I have about the dish is that it didn’t have a thick enough crust on it. Other than that, the dish was magnificent. The lamb was cooked to a perfect medium rare, and it was incredibly flavorful. The demi glaze gave the lamb a little bit of a boost in flavor, and I used every ounce of it to sop up with my lamb, potatoes and vegetables. 



For dessert I ordered a piece of key lime pie, but once it came out I was pretty disappointed. It was nothing like I  had hoped it would be. I prefer my key lime pie to be as tart as possible, but this key lie pie was too sweet and it didn’t impart enough of the lime flavor in it. It definitely could have been much better.

Three and a half pints for the Engleside Inn. I always enjoy my meal when I go there, and I love that they are fine dining, without the fanciness aspect. They are one of the stars of show in Long Beach Island. The Engleside Inn is a deliciously awesome restaurant in Beach Haven, and it is definitely one of the best dining options that you can find at the shore. Check it out if you are ever in the Beach Haven area. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers