Thursday, January 10, 2013

Quite the Show...



Mikado
793 Route 70
Marlton, NJ 08053

My cousin and his wife invited my girlfriend and I out to dinner one night when they had plans to go out to a restaurant in Marlton called Mikado. Mikado is a hibachi and sushi restaurant that does the traditional show on the hibachi flat top. I was really in the mood for sushi, as I always seem to be, so I decided to order a couple rolls and sat back and sipped my Sapporo while we watched the highly entertaining hibachi chef perform his tricks.




I was super excited when the sushi came out. It was presented quite beautifully and it looked absolutely delicious. I had decided on ordering the following two rolls and sashimi:
  • Sexy lady roll – hot pepper tuna and avocado inside, spicy salmon and crunch on top
  • 4 Pieces of hamachi sashimi
  • Amanda roll – spicy tuna and crunch inside, yellow tail, tuna, jalapeno, and spicy sauce



The sushi was all incredibly fresh and delicious. It was impeccably prepared, and every aspect of it was phenomenal. The Amanda roll was really spectacular. I loved the spiciness of it, and the textures of the different fish were really enjoyable.

The sexy lady roll was really spot on as well. I always gravitate towards rolls with hot pepper tuna on them, and when I saw that it was topped with spicy salmon, I knew it would put my mouth in a state of euphoria. 



Nothing can beat the simplicity and freshness of a piece of sashimi grade fish. This hamachi was no different. It was excellent! It was only enhanced by my dipping of it into the wasabi and soy mixture that I created when my sushi was brought out. 



Three pints for Mikado. Great experience from start to finish, and some really delicious sushi. Service wasn't great, but the hibachi chef was fantastic so that really made up for it. I really enjoyed the entire experience that we had at Mikado. Our hibachi chef was quite the master, and he put on an excellent show. I didn’t partake in the food he made very much, but he made me a part of the show nonetheless. The sushi was expertly prepared, and I cannot wait to go back and get some more fantastic sushi. Get out there and try one of their locations soon! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers