Monday, January 14, 2013

Casual Italian in Hammonton...



Marcello’s
225 Bellevue Avenue
Hammonton, NJ 08037

I had been spending a lot of time in the Hammonton office of the CPA firm that I work for because I was working on a new job that we had gotten in and it was taking quite a long time. I went out to lunch with a few of the guys I was working on the job with one day to a little Italian spot on the main drag in Hammonton called Marcello’s. I haven’t ventured out to too many places while working in Hammonton, but after visiting Marcello’s, I think I need to start!



I ordered a ciabatta sandwich that they had on the menu called the Leave It To Us Ciabatta, a sandwich with grilled chicken, prosciutto, mozzarella and blush sauce on ciabatta bread. It was a pretty simple sandwich in theory, but the complexity of the flavors was pretty amazing. Each element of the sandwich was seasoned perfectly and pumped full of flavor. The blush sauce on the sandwich was really a nice touch, adding a salty and creamy element on another level to the sandwich. It all came together perfectly, and it disappeared pretty quickly. The fries that were served with it good, but nothing amazing. 

Marcello's gets a solid two and a half pints from me. Its a pretty casual spot, but definitely a great place to grab a quick and tasty lunch at. One of the coworkers I went with eats there all the time, and he told me they have awesome food. Pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, all for a good price and all tasty. I will definitely have to return some time soon, and I think you should try it in the mean time! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers