Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Expensive Mistake...



Thai Pepper
64 East Lancaster Avenue
Ardmore, PA 19003

I needed lunch once day while working in Ardmore, and I haven’t really been having my sushi fix since I left my old job, so I ventured out to a place I had been to once before called Mikado and Thai Pepper Cuisine. It is a combination restaurant of Japanese and other Asian cuisinses, with a sushi bar on one side, and a sit down Asian restaurant on the other. I was seated in the on the other side of the wall from the sushi bar, and I looked over the menu before making some delicious decisions about which sushi rolls I wanted. 



I got the flaming dragon roll which was a really cool presentation, because the sauce was flaming blue when it came out, but the sauce was really sweet and the sushi roll itself needed more punch. The flavor was definitely lacking and the freshness of the fish really wasn’t prevalent. I also ordered another roll that I cant really remember what it was called, but it had lobster tempura in it. Again it was decent, but for 15 bucks a roll, I was expecting a lot more. I am new to the area of Ardmore, but I suspect there are better sushi restaurants than this. There has to be a better priced option than 15 dollars per roll for lunch.



One pint for Thai Pepper Cuisine and Mikado. I thought the restaurant was simply ok. It was definitely very pricey for lunch. The sushi rolls really lacked some flavor. They were ok, but nothing to remember really. I don’t think I will be back anytime soon. I cant afford to spend $30 on lunch very often. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers