Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Devil Burnt My Sandwich...



Devil's Den
1148 South 11th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

I had been keeping my eye on Devil's Den for quite a while before we actually had the chance to get over there. We took the opportunity of one of my fiance's friends coming into town to go over there for dinner and some drinks one evening. Its not overly far from where we live, so we walked over and grabbed some drinks and some grub. It was packed, as I expected it to be, but we were able to snag a table and immediately look at the menu. 



I love the beer selection and the vibe at Devil's Den. They always have a great rotation of beers on draft. On this particular evening, I grabbed a Southern Tier Old Man Winter. Southern Tier has delicious beers, and this was particularly welcoming on a cold fall evening. 



Unfortunately when we went, the food just didnt measure up to what I had hoped it be. The fries I had were delicious, but the panini I got was extremely overdone, to the point that it was hard to bite through. It also caused the sandwich to be very dried out. I also wish there was more filling inside the sandwich, but would have just been happy to have a not burnt sandwich. The ratio of bread to filling was not very good. I devoured the fries as I dipped them into the delicious sauce served with them. 



Two pints for Devil's Den. The beer list is excellent. Im going to give it another try sometime soon for the food, and I will definitely be back for the beer! The beer list is so good, I find it hard to believe that the entire menu is as poor as the meal we had when we were here. Its worth a visit for the beer alone, so give it a try and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers