Thursday, September 4, 2014

Missing Flavors...



Honeygrow
110 South 16th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

I have been getting more and more into vegetarian and vegan cuisine lately. I don’t ever think I would make the switch full time, but a day or a meal here and there is nice, especially with some of the inventiveness surfacing these days. One place that gets lots of ranting and raving that I wanted to try was Honeygrow. We decided to grab a quick bite the day of our engagement pictures. I was pretty excited about it. When you walk in, you walk up to the line where they are putting the meals together and order your food. I decided to order the sour cherry BBQ and my fiancé ordered the sesame garlic beef.


They serve the food up pretty quickly which is always a plus, and they serve it in Chinese takeout containers, which I thought was pretty cool. Unfortunately for them, the food wasn’t nearly as good as it sounded. There was a tremendous lack of flavor in everything. My dish came with sour cherry BBQ sauce, freshly made egg white noodles, naturally raised pork, kale, bell peppers and red onions. It all sounds good, but in the end the only thing that really had any flavor were the crunchy vegetables. The sour cherry BBQ sauce just tasted like sweetened water. There was no sour or BBQ flavors in it. Everything was mightily bland, and it was a severe disappointment.



My fiance’s dish came with sesame garlic sauce, freshly made egg white noodles, naturally raised beef, snow peas, bell peppers, red onions, carrots, scallions. While I think hers had more flavor than mine, I still don’t think it is something I would order again or go out of my way to have again, seeing as there are much better options in Philadelphia.

One pint for Honey Grow. The menu options seem great, but the execution is very lacking. The lack of flavor was absurd. I loved the freshness of the vegetables, but without any flavor, it really lacks any kind of flair. Its definitely not worth a visit in my opinion. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear you feel that way! We always strive to provide the best tasting food possible. Did you get the Light or Regular amount of sauce on your stir fry? And what day did you have this meal? We always want to improve and would love the opportunity to have you in again.

    Please email us at ComeTogether@honeygrow.com

    thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers