Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Bahstan Steak....



Umbria Prime
295 Franklin Street
Boston, MA 02110

My aunt made a reservation for us for the evening before my brother's graduation from college. We all met at the Intercontinental Boston Harbor, and walked over to Umbria Prime for dinner. It was a pretty fancy place, with lots to like about the space. It definitely had an old steakhousey feel. The place was huge as well. They had multiple floors, with plenty of space to house large parties and still not have it feel crowded.



They have a really nice raw bar selection of oysters, so we ordered a few to share. I hadnt been ordering steak much when Ive been going out, so I decided to order a nice New York strip that was served with bone marrow. The oysters came with horseradish, blood orange mignonette and cocktail sauce. They were all deliciously fresh and not the least bit gritty. They were clean and light, a nice start to the meal.




My steak was perfectly cooked. It had a fantastic sear on it and the inside was hot pink medium. It was far too large for me to finish all by myself, but it was mondo tasty. I had the pleasure of also tasting my fiances lamb shank and my brothers seared tuna and both were very good. The lamb was super tender and almost didn't need a knife. The tuna was a large portion and had a really great sesame crust on it.




Unfortunately the dessert didnt live up to the rest of the meal. The bread pudding we ordered was ok, but it wasn't my favorite. I prefer more rustic bread pudding with chunks of bread in it, but this was all one cake. The texture was a little off putting to be honest. It almost seemed to be a bit undercooked and gooey inside. The vanilla ice cream definitely wasn't enough to go with it either. It needed to be bigger in order to be spread with each bite of the bread pudding. 

Three pints for Umbria Prime. Overall I thought it was a pretty good meal. I think Umbria Prime is definitely worth a visit, but the price point is pretty high. You should definitely save it for a special occasion. I know Boston is expensive, but it's pretty pricey regardless. Let me know what you think when you go! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers