Monday, April 13, 2015

Caffenation Please...



Rival Bros
2400 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146

I had been waiting for Rival Bros to open up since Johnny Mac left his post at Pub and Kitchen to really jump start his Rival Brothers coffee campaign. That was a sad day indeed, but after tasting the fruit of his efforts getting Rival Bros started, I am much more okay with his decision now. I first tasted Rival Bros coffee at High Street on Market, and it instantly became my favorite in the city. The variety of flavors that they offer and the strength and richness of the roasts are amazing.



I venture to the new spot pretty often, even though I dont live particularly close to it, but I like to take a long walk on weekend mornings to grab a cup and a pastry provided by High Street. They are working hand in hand to provide really amazing products. Do yourself a favor and dont pass on a pastry if you go for a coffee. Ramp scones, chocolate croissants, rhubarb bundt cakes, seriously this stuff is legit and pairs well with any coffee choice you make here. They change all the time, and they have a little food menu of their own to check out as well. 



I have had both the Papua New Guinea roast and the Kenyan roast, both Chemex style, and they were fantastic. My go to's however when I go now are the red eye and the derringer. The red eye is a shot of their incredibly rich roasted espresso poured into their standard drip coffee and it is absolute heaven. The derringer is their version of a cortado, a stronger version of a cappucinno. 



Four pints for Rival Bros Coffee Shop. Everything is done with such precision, it is truly an art form. This is one of, if not the best coffee spot in the city. They always have great music on, all of the staff are friendly and awesome and the space is beautiful. If you dig good coffee, you need to check it out. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers