Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Good Morning Vietnam!....

Pho Barclay
1409 Rt. 70 East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

I have always been a huge fan of Asian food, and one dish that I have been longing to try for quite some time is the Vietnamese soup called Pho. I have seen it talked about on tons of Food Network shows, and it has always been described in a way that intrigues me quite a bit. A few weeks ago I got my first opportunity to try the Asian soup at a restaurant called Pho Barclay in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

A lot like Sammy Chon’s Korean restaurant, Pho Barclay is full of Vietnamese diners, which always makes me realize just how authentic the cooking must be. The restaurant offers all types of Vietnamese fare, but the Pho is the only thing that I had on my mind (other than the bon mhi, but that is a post for another time). I ordered the grilled pork pho, and I could not have been happier with my choice.



The pho was very hot to begin with, and the soup held the heat well the entire duration of my meal. I added a few dabs of sriracha to my soup, and I immediately dug in. The soup was fantastic! The broth was full of flavor, the noodles were cooked perfectly, and the scallions and cilantro added a robust, rustic flavor to the dish. My favorite was the sliced jalapenos that I added. They added a nice spicy and crunchy element to the soup.

The real kicker to the whole dish was the pork. Somehow they had grilled the pork so perfectly that it remained crispy even while sitting in the broth. Usually crunchy items have a tendency to become mushy in a broth, but not this pork. I ate the entire huge bowl of soup, and I drank down every last ounce of the delicious broth.

Pho Barclay is really a hidden treasure in Cherry Hill. If you like authentic Asian dining in terms of taste and ambiance, get out there and try this Vietnamese place as soon as you can! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers