Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not Your Traditional Barbeque Joint

Sammy Chon’s K Town Barbeque
404 Rt 70 East          
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

I am not much of an expert on Korean food, but I had a phenomenal experience at Sammy Chon’s K Town BBQ a few weeks ago, and I have been back twice since and I have to say that I am now obsessed with Korean food.

The menu at Sammy Chon’s is incredibly diverse, and the atmosphere is fantastic. Everyone that works there is Korean, and the first time that I went with some co-workers for lunch, we were the only non Korean people in the entire place! Usually that is a great sign about the authenticity of the meal you are about to take part in.

Each table is served complimentary sides that are very delicious. Everything from the famous Korean side dish kim chee to pickles in a spicy sauce, black beans in a simple syrup, cabbage in a vinegar soup, and many other options to choose from.

They offer a special sandwich called a Korean hoagie that I wound up ordering. It was a hoagie roll stuffed to capacity with spicy and sweet barbequed pork and fresh vegetables. They served a side of sauce to pour over it that was a cream based sauce with a few spices in it. In addition the owner told me to add the pickles covered in a similar sauce that the kim chee was cooked in to my sandwich.

Everything worked so well together. It was truly one of the best sandwiches I have ever had…period. I would order it again and again, and I am sure that I would never be disappointed.

The authenticity of this restaurant, combined with the service and atmosphere make it an absolute home run. I never would have known about it, but I am so glad that I tried it because it truly is amazing. If you like Korean food, or have always wanted to try it, I would recommend trying Sammy Chon’s whenever you get a chance. I can almost guarantee that you will fall in love with this place the way that I have. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers