Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tis the Seasons...

Seasons 52
2000 Route 38
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

A few saturdays ago, my family and I went to a fundraiser at Miles Technologies in Moorestown, and before we went there we went out to eat dinner. I have been to Seasons 52 a few times now, and I really enjoy the way that it is set up and run. For those of you that have not been or heard, the restaurant only offers items on its menu that have less than 475 calories. The menu changes with each season, incorporating seasonal items into each new issue of the menu. I enjoy going out to eat, and when I can do it while remaining healthy, I like it even more.

The flatbreads offered at Seasons 52 are incredible.

We always order two for the table to start out, so we ordered the spicy pork taco flatbread and the garlic chicken flatbread. Both were very delicious. The spiciness of the pork was an incredibly welcome taste in addition to the creaminess of the sauce and the saltiness of the pork. The garlic chicken was savory and tasty and a perfect topping to the crunchy flatbread. My cousin ordered mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat and shrimp as well. I only had one, but they were some of the best mushrooms I have ever had. My issue with mushrooms usually is that they are rubbery and that they create a textural problem for my palette. However these mushrooms were not only cooked and seasoned perfectly, but they had the perfect amount of snap and texture to them.

For my main course I ordered the cedar plank salmon with baby carrots, red bliss potatoes and fresh asparagus. The cedar plank salmon was cooked to perfection, and the roasted flavor of the salmon was scrumptious. The baby carrots and asparagus were clearly very fresh, and they were cooked until they were super tender. The potatoes really were fantastic too. Creamy, rich, and succulent, the potatoes were the perfect side pairing for the broiled salmon. My girlfriend ordered scallops (surprise surprise), which I thought were just okay, but the polenta they were served over was delectable. I am quickly realizing that polenta done the right way is hard to beat.

The desserts at Seasons 52 are perfect because they are served in shot glasses and they offer the perfect amount of sweetness that I am looking for after my savory meal.

I ordered the peanut butter chocolate mousse because I am a sucker for anything reminiscent of Reese’s. It was quite delicious, and it ended my meal in the perfect manner.

Seasons 52 is a great idea in the restaurant world, and they really have a mint on what they are doing. No one does healthy great tasting food the way that they do, and they will continue to flourish for much time to come. Get out and try the one in Cherry Hill, or anywhere else for the matter, and let me know if you feel the same way! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers