Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Half Price Sushi...Winner!

Nagoya
404 East Route 70
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034


On the final Saturday that my coworkers and I had to work this tax season, a group of us that had been going out to lunches every Saturday decided to end our Saturday lunches with a trip to Nagoya in Cherry Hill for some sushi. I love sushi, so I was extremely happy about this choice. I was also happy because I was going to be eating a roast pork sandwich later that night, so eating something healthy like sushi for lunch always makes me feel better about my choices later in the evening.

The place was empty when we went inside, and it was probably a bad idea to go to lunch with 10 people since we only have and hour for lunch, but we went and I ordered 3 sushi rolls; the volcano roll, the Godzilla roll, and the pepper tuna roll.

All three rolls were fantastic. I always make a mix of wasabi and soy sauce that is about 4 parts wasabi and 1 part soy sauce. It’s more of a paste than a sauce really, but I love horseradish and wasabi, so the more the better! I usually order sushi rolls that are spicy by themselves, and I did this time as well. Two of the rolls had a spicy sauce on top, so the combination of the spicy sauces and the wasabi really kicked it up a notch for me.

The pepper tuna roll had shrimp tempura in it, as well as spicy white tuna, crab, avocado, and pepper tuna on top. The volcano roll contained spicy, crunchy tuna with avocado and spicy sauce on top, and the Godzilla roll had tuna on the inside and rice and it was deep fried with the spicy sauce on top. All three of the rolls were incredibly fresh since they were made to order.



The only complaints that I have about Nagoya is that the service was pretty slow, which normally wouldn’t have bothered me, but since I had to be back at work in an hour it was a bit of an inconvenience. Also the sign in the window says that they offer half price sushi, and maybe I should have asked if that applied to all the rolls, but no one told me and I wound up paying full price for my sushi when I only would have ordered 2 rolls if I had known I was playing full price. That being said, I definitely think that it was some of the best sushi that I have ever had. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for good sushi, and if you are looking for cheap sushi just make sure that you ask what rolls qualify for half price so you don’t make the same mistake that I did! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers