Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Porktastic Sandwiches!!

Dinic’s Roast Pork
Reading Terminal Market
51 North 12th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107


Usually when I go to Flyer’s games with my buddies, we hit either Jim’s Steaks on South Street, or Geno’s steaks on Passyunk for a cheesesteak before the game. However I gave up red meat for Lent, so I decided it was a great time to try a sandwich that I had been dying to try for quite some time; the famous roast pork sandwich from Dinic’s in Reading Terminal Market.



I fell in love with Reading Terminal Market the first time that I set foot in it. It is truly a foodie’s paradise, and even if you are not as into food as I am, I am almost certain that you will find it pretty awesome. There are many places to eat, markets to buy fresh produce and meats from, and lots of stands to buy all kinds of food related items at. My cousin tried the Dinic’s roast pork sandwich after it was mentioned in the article in Philly magazine about the best sandwiches available in Philadelphia, and he raved about it every day since. Naturally I had to try it to make sure he wasn’t just pulling my leg.

All I can say is wow. I ordered the roast pork sandwich with sharp provolone cheese and Italian long hot peppers. The pork was so incredibly tender. It was full of flavor and the provolone cheese was just sharp enough to leave a touch of tang in your mouth after every bite. I love Italian long hot peppers, so I was in heaven with each and every spicy bite.





I really could not think of a better roast pork sandwich. In my eyes it was perfect in every bite, and I know that anyone that goes to try it after they read this will feel the same way. Just make sure you go at a good time in between the lunch and dinner rush or else you will have to wait in line for a long time. I have seen the line be over and hour long wait for a sandwich. Let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers