Sunday, July 24, 2011

Phenomenal Italian in Marlton

La Posata Ristorante
892 North Route 73
Marlton, NJ 08053

For those of you that have been following this blog for a little while, you will know that I love Geno’s steaks in Philadelphia when I am in the mood for a good cheesesteak. One thing that you may not know though is that Joe Vento, the nephew of the owner of Geno’s steaks, owns a restaurant in Marlton, NJ called La Posata Ristorante. This restaurant is extremely underrated and is pumping out great quality food for a decent price.

Every time that I eat food from La Posata, I am extremely satisfied. The day before Easter, my girlfriend, my aunt and uncle and I all went to La Posata for dinner. It was the first time that I had actually dined in at La Posata. Previously I had only had my aunt’s leftovers when she brought them home. The menu was pretty extensive and full of old Italian classics, but I finally decided on the pasta fagioli to start and the veal abruzzi for my main course.



As I have mentioned before I have fallen in love with pasta fagioli. Ever since I first tried it in Lancaster a few months ago, I have made it one of my must order items whenever it is on the menu. This particular pasta fagioli was superb. I wish I had gotten a picture of the bowl full of soup, but I forgot to take one before I started eating. Haha. The beans and the pasta combine so perfectly with the tomato broth, that you would think you are in heaven with each and every bite!





My veal abruzzi was out of this world as well. Thinly sliced pieces of lightly breaded veal, served in a white wine, garlic broth and topped with roasted peppers, pepperoncini, onions, and potatoes. The topping had a bit of a hash feeling to it. The sauce was truly impeccable. It was vibrantly colored and full of garlic and white wine flavor. I wanted to slurp up all of the sauce after the rest of the meal was gone! I had a side of rigatoni vodka with my veal, and it was magnificent. They have hands down the best vodka sauce that I have ever had. No one else’s vodka sauce even comes close in my opinion. If you try La Posata, you have to get something with vodka sauce!



I had just enough room to split a dessert with my girlfriend. We ordered the bailey’s cake that they were offering, and it was definitely a great choice. The bailey’s flavor was in each and every bite, but it was so subtle that you might miss it if you didn’t know it was there. The cake itself was moist, and you got the perfect amount of icing with each and every bite!



La Posata is definitely a place that you should check out if you get the chance. It is hidden, but once you know that it is there you will never forget it. I love finding places like that because that is the whole goal of my journey; to find the best places to eat, both known and unknown. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers