Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sushi Surprise

Sushi Land
861 W. Lancaster Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

I love to surprise my girlfriend with impromptu visits and gifts, so after she returned from a 10-day trip to Panama, I led her to believe that I would not be seeing her until the weekend. I showed up at her door on a Wednesday evening and we went out to dinner with her and a few of her friends to a nearby sushi spot called Sushi Land.

I had been here a few times before, and I have yet to be disappointed. I love sushi, and the sushi at Sushi Land is very fresh and delicious. I was not feeling my best this particular evening, stupid allergies, but I tried to eat and act as though nothing was bothering me. I ordered the dynamite roll and the Mexican roll (both had spicy sauces on top of course) and I relaxed and enjoyed the company I was in.

When the sushi came out I was starving, so I immediately began eating. I had prepared my chop sticks and wasabi/soy mixture previous to the food coming out, so I was ready to go. The Mexican roll was very simple, but it was done quite well. It was a traditional California roll (crab and avocado) topped with shrimp and spicy sauce. The sauce really made it that much better, and I devoured each and every bite, using the wasabi/soy sauce I made at my leisure.



The dynamite roll was a bit more complex, but definitely just as delectable. It was a spicy tuna roll, topped with salmon, crunch, and double spicy sauce on top. I don’t know if my taste buds can simply handle more heat than they used to, but the double spicy sauce tasted the same as the regular spicy sauce. It was all very good however, and I enjoyed each and every delicious morsel.

Sushi Land is definitely a sushi place that I would recommend to anyone. I am very serious and particular when it comes to sushi, and Sushi Land does everything really well. They are also a BYOB, which always makes for a great time, so bring along your favorite adult beverage an enjoy it. If you are in the neighborhood of Bryn Mawr, give it a try and let me know how it is! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers