Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bomb B Que

Famous Dave’s
104 Marlton Pike East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

During the week following my Easter holiday and four day weekend after the end of tax season, I had to clean out a storage room at work and move all of the contents to a different storage unit with a few of my coworker’s. Part of our reward for doing this was a lunch paid for by the firm at Famous Dave’s in Cherry Hill. I love Famous Dave’s because it is incredibly well done barbeque, even better than a lot of the barbeque that I found while I attended college in North Carolina. Unfortunately, I could not indulge the way that I wanted to because I have been trying to eat healthier while doing P90x, so I ordered the citrus glazed salmon with honey chipotle glaze, grilled pineapple, and freshly sautéed broccoli. For the table, my other coworkers had ordered a plate of the house made chips and a sampler platter, but I did not really eat anything off of it other than a few chips. They were quite delicious, way better than anything you can get in a bag, but they could have been improved by having a bit more seasoning added to them. I dipped a few in some of their BBQ sauces and they were scrumptious!



My meal was a really nice change of pace. Famous Dave’s does really fantastic barbeque, so to find out that they do other things just as well is a fantastic revelation. The salmon had a great charred taste to it and the sweetness of the sauce was the perfect complement to it. Salmon is such a delicious fish because it has so much flavor. It does not get super fishy the way a lot of other kinds of fish do, and it really holds together well on the grill. I think that is part of the reason this dish worked so well. Grilled pineapple is always a nice addition to a grilled piece of fish. The final piece of the puzzle was the sautéed broccoli. It was tender and full of garlic flavor.

Famous Dave’s is really a fantastic restaurant. Everything that I have had there has been wonderful, and each and every time that I eat there I leave 100% satisfied. If you like barbeque you have to give this place a try! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers