Sunday, July 10, 2011

Free Food Saves the Day

PJ Welihan’s
396 South Lenola Road
Maple Shade, NJ 08052


PJ’s, in any of their different locations, is a great place to hang out and have beer with friends. The servers are hot, the beers are reasonably priced, and the food is decent, which usually makes for a pretty good time. On the final day of tax season, my coworkers and I ventured to the PJ Welihan’s in Maple Shade for lunch, but afterwards I immediately wished we had gone somewhere else.

We went out on a Friday during Lent, so since I am Catholic, my options were very limited on the menu. I wound up ordering the fried crabcake sandwich, and it was a pretty disappointing choice. The crabcake was served on a potato roll with a side of fries and tartar sauce.



The sandwich came out and it was way too hot to eat. It had clearly just been deep fried because it was covered in grease. Once it had cooled down, I found the crabcake lacking in seasoning and flavor. The filing was kind of mushy and I was severely disappointed. The fries were good, but they could not make up for the faults of the crabcake sandwich. The only highpoint of the meal was that I did not have to pay for such a poor attempt at a crabcake sandwich because my boss picked up our tab. Haha

This is always the problem for me with PJ’s. The food is so hit or miss that it is very difficult to know what to expect when you order. I really wish the food would be more consistent and of better quality. Until they fix that problem, I would recommend that you just go there to drink and stay away from the food if you can eat somewhere better. Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers