Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fallen Soliders...

Today was a sad day for me because I was informed that two of my favorite restaurants in South Jersey were closing. Not just one, but two! I cannot remember the last time I saw a good restaurant close around here, let alone two in the same day. These two restaurants, Izzie's Eatery in Medford and Catelli's Ristorante in Voorhees, were not only two of my favorite restaurants in South Jersey, but they were also two of the best. The South Jersey foodies will definitely miss them, me in particular with Izzie's because it was one of the only good places in Medford to eat.

Izzie's Eatery, which I had previously reviewed on my blog, closed its doors on Monday. According to reports, the owner informed his staff about the closing of the restaurant via text message. He was quoted as saying the business had run its course after 13 years in business. For more on the closing, click on the link below.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20110726/NEWS01/110726048/1006/news01

Catelli's Ristorante of Voorhees, NJ also closed its doors. After 17 years of business, the staple in the Marlton Dining scene for fine cuisine at an affordable price will be no more. However there are reports that there will be an opening of a new restaurant as an offshoot of the success of Catelli's. That will remain to be seen in the future.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20110720/NEWS01/110720044/Voorhees-Catelli-restaurant-close-doors-Sunday

I just wanted to write a little bit about the two places because I had really enjoyed them both. I think they are both to be applauded for the fantastic success that they enjoyed. I will always remember the many meals that I enjoyed at both. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers