Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kebabs...on a Sandwich!!!

Hummus
18 Greenfield Avenue
Ardmore, PA 19003

My obsession with Middle Eastern Cuisine began with my trip to Bahrain in the summer of 2009. So also began my love for lamb because I finally tried it while I was in Bahrain. Naturally when I go to Middle Eastern restaurants, the first thing that I look for is the lamb dishes. The way that lamb is cooked in the Middle East is simply not even comparable to the way that lamb is cooked here in the States.

My girlfriend and my cousin’s wife had been to Hummus twice for lunch and they simply raved about it both times. I had to go to test it out for myself, so a few weeks ago on a Friday night, my girlfriend and I ate there. We split an order of hummus and wheat pita and I ordered the lamb kabob sandwich.

The hummus was really well done. The texture of hummus when it is made the right way is bar none, and this hummus was really fantastic. The whole wheat pita was used to soak up each and every bit of hummus that I could!



The kabob sandwich was amazing! The filling was served inside of a whole wheat pita. It consisted of seasoned lamb pieces, red cabbage, and a green spicy sauce that was incredibly welcome to give each and every bite of the pita an extra kick.



Middle Eastern cuisine is intricate and complex, and it really is something to be appreciated. Those who are afraid to try it, should give it a try because it might change your perspectives. Hummus is definitely a great place to begin that journey because the food is simple yet still completely true to the Middle Easten tradition! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers