Monday, August 29, 2011

Sunday Brunchin' in Philadelphia

Fairmount Water Works
640 Water Works Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19130

My girlfriend recently graduated from Villanova University’s Master of Accountancy program, so her parents were in town for the weekend. We decided to do a brunch together with both our families at the Fairmount Water Works in Philadelphia. I was very excited to do this because I love brunch and have heard nothing but good things about the Water Works.

From the minute that we entered the building, I knew that it was going to be a great experience. The decoration is amazing, and the high ceilings really blew me away. It had an old time feel to it that I loved. I ordered a bloody Mary to start, and I was really happy that I did once I tasted it. It was a very delicious bloody Mary. It was spicy, salty, and acidic; I enjoyed each and every sip.



When we made our way outside to the canopy under which the buffet was set up, I was in complete awe. The entire buffet was extremely elegant, and I didn’t even know where to begin. They had a buffet line for breakfast items like bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and smoked salmon. Additionally, they had an omelet station, waffle station, crepes station, carving station, fresh seafood table, and a dessert table. I wanted to try everything, but there was simply too many things to try. I made about three different trips simply trying to taste as much as I could, but I had to throw in the towel before I could try it all.



Notable items that I would recommend trying would be any kind of crepe or omelet. I had a crepe filled with apples, nutella, cream, and cinnamon sugar. It was amazing! The bacon and sausage were good, as well as the biscuits and gravy. I had not had good biscuits and gravy since I moved back to the area from North Carolina, but these particular biscuits were fluffy and scrumptious. The other thing not to miss was the smoked salmon. The smoke flavor was incredibly prevalent in it, and it was definitely a homerun.



Nothing that I tried at Water Works was bad, and I would say that most likely anything that you would get there would be pretty well done. Sunday brunch is a really fun thing to take part in, and Water Works only made it that much better. Liquor drinks are not included in the price, but I still think that it was a great value for what we got. Get out there and try it! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers