Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mexican...Yes, Chinese...Yes, Mexican/Chinese...No

Mei Wei Diner
85 Route 70 East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

On a recent Friday, three of my friends from work and I went to try a new place in the Barclay shopping center for lunch. My friend had originally told me that it was Mexican/Italian, but it is actually Chinese/Mexican. I was hoping that we would find a good Chinese place to go, but we did not find it here.

We were the only diners in the restaurant, and now having eaten there, I know exactly why. The food was of very low quality. Maybe it was because I ordered from the Mexican side of the menu at a Chinese restaurant, but boy was my choice poor. Don't get my wrong, I love both Mexican and Chinese food, but ordering Mexican at a place that is really meant to be Chinese was probably a bad move on my part.

I ordered the Special Lunch which is a burrito filled with ground beef, refried beans, topped with white Mexican cheese. The only good part of the whole meal was the spicy sauce that was served with the burrito. The burrito itself was very plain. It had no flavor, the beef was dry, and I could not taste any hint of the refried beans. The cheese on top was not very good either. I definitely could have done without it completely.



I will not be returning to Mei Wei again. I know of enough Asian places in the area to keep me satisfied, and they are of much better quality than this particular one was. Stay away from Mei Wei, and look at my blog for some other good choices in the area if you are looking for a good Asian meal. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers