Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Little Better than Ice Cream...



Capogiro Gelato
117 South 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

After my girlfriend and I went out to eat one Friday evning, we decided to go across the street to grab some dessert at a little gelato place called Capogiro Gelato. It is a small artisan shop that always has a steady flow of traffic moving in and out of its doors. It has always caught my eye, and I was pretty happy when my girlfriend asked if we could go after dinner.



I love gelato, and I don’t get to have it very often, so choosing a flavor was really difficult for me. They have all kinds of options, from fruit concoctions, to others including traditional flavors like vanilla and chocolate. I wound up choosing the chocolate hazelnut flavor that they offered, and I was glad I did after having tried it.

It reminded me of Nutella. It was really, really light and it had a really nice hazelnut taste to it. It wasn’t crunchy, but it definitely had some serious texture to it. It was a really nice way to follow up our meal, and it didn’t leave us feeling like we had overeaten.

Two and a half pints for Capogiro. Not the best gelato you will ever have, but definitely a viable option. I will definitely be making a return trip to one of Capogiro's locations sometime soon. The gelato is very tasty, and they offer quite an array of ever-changing flavors. Go ahead and check it out and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers