Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Filling the Void...



Kabuki
929 Haddonfield Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

My buddy from work and I had been dying to fill the void in our lives left by the closing of our favorite sushi place in Cherry Hill. I found a place for us to try one Friday for lunch, and we set out to try Kabuki Japanese cuisine in the Racetrack Shopping Center. 




 


Once we got there and stepped inside, I was pretty impressed with the decoration and layout. I had no idea that this place even existed! I opened up the menu and saw that they offered an amazing deal exactly like the place had that we used to go to all the time! I was so excited! I ordered a three roll special, which they offer for a mere $10.55. I ordered the spicy salmon roll, spicy tuna roll, and spicy yellowtail crunch roll. The meal also came with a bowl of miso soup and a salad with ginger dressing. 





I thought we were going to have to be late going back to the office, but the entire meal came out pretty quickly. The soup and salad were up first. The soup was good, but nothing spectacular. It definitely could have been improved if it had come out even a little bit hot. It was lukewarm and definitely didn’t do anything to make me think that this place was going to become our new sushi place. The salad faired a bit better. It was a solid salad, and the ginger flavor in the dressing had a really nice snap to it.




I was really impressed when the sushi came out, both by its speed, and the mere look of it. It looks awesome, and it tasted even better. For the first time in a while, the sushi that I ordered with the name spicy actually had spice to it and it was delicious! I loved each and every bite of it! The fish was fresh as can be, and the flavor was amazing. I could have eaten about 10 rolls!




Three and a half pints for Kabuki. I have ordered off the regular menu as well as off the lunch special menu, and all of the sushi is delicious. The price point could be a bit better on the regular menu, but overall they nail it. Kabuki definitely did its part to cement itself into our Friday lunch plans. While we may not be going there every week, we will probably be going every other week. They offer such a good deal for lunch, and the quality was simply fantastic. We can't wait to go back. Go try it and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers