Friday, September 30, 2011

Chain Restaurant That Hit the Spot

Applebee’s
108 Haddonfield Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

I had to go out to a client one day during the week in Cherry Hill, so my coworker and I stopped for lunch on our way back to the office. We decided on Applebee’s since it was close to where we were and they have pretty good lunch deals and food usually. I had not been to Applebee’s since I was in high school and we used to go for half price appetizers after golf practice, so I was interested to see what had changed.

I noticed that they were offering a new lunch deal, so I decided to get that. You get to choose two options from a list of 4 soups, 4 salads, and 4 sandwiches/pastas. I decided to have the tomato basil soup and the grilled shrimp and spinach salad.



I was very happy with my meal when it came out, and I was happy to see that Applebee’s had improved over the time that I had been absent from its dining room. The tomato basil soup was very well done. The soup had quite a bit of bite to it, and the acidic taste of the tomatoes was a welcome addition. The parmesan crisp on top of the soup went really well with each bite of the soup that I ate it with.

I was really happy with my choice of the salad as well. I chose it because I saw that it had a bacon vinaigrette and that sounded extremely interesting to me. It worked really well in the salad because it added a smoky and salty flavor to it all. I love spinach salads, so this was right up my alley. The toasted almonds and roasted red peppers paired perfectly with the succulent shrimp. Overall I thought that the salad was one of the better ones that I have had.

Applebee’s is a chain, and I know a lot of food people out there are going to say chain restaurants are crap, but I don’t agree with that. Chain restaurants don’t pretend to be anything that they are not, and they offer a lot of good items on their menus. Some may not be up to snuff, but many are, and I think they are great, affordable places where anyone can enjoy a good meal. Applebee’s is definitely one of the good ones, so enjoy it whenever you are looking for a well worth it meal. Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers