Monday, September 5, 2011

Curiosity Killed the...Me

Blue20
1906 Route 70 West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

Once again a few weeks ago I got the chance to go out to a mentor lunch on my firm with my mentor and one other pair of mentor and mentee. A few years ago there was a restaurant in Cherry Hill next to the Chili’s that burnt down and it never returned to that location. However, Blue2O opened in its place, and I have always been curious as to how it is. I used this opportunity to try it, but I sort of wish I hadn’t.

The ambiance inside just did not seem to fit. To me it felt like the restaurant was trying to be too hip and trendy, when really they would have benefitted from making it a bit simpler and more traditional.

That being said, the decoration could have been overlooked if the food was really good, but that was simply not the case. The menu had a ton of different options that I would have chosen, so I had very high hopes for my meal, but I was severely disappointed when it actually come out.



I ordered a combination of a cup of New England clam chowder, a small Caesar salad, and a half a blackened fish sandwich. None of the three hit the mark, and none in fact were even close to being considered worth it for me. The soup had a terrible consistency and was more of a paste than a soup. The salad dressing was bland and watery. The sandwich had decent flavor, but the piece of fish that was on it was so small that it might as well have just been two pieces of bread with nothing in between.

Now having tried Blue2O, I would not recommend it to anyone. I know there are some people out there that will try it anyways because I would be one of those people, but if you are looking for good seafood, or anything good for that matter, you will not find it here. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers