Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fish Tacos by the Beach

Tiki Taco
13th Street and Long Beach Boulevard
Beach Haven, NJ 08008

One of my favorite things about the summer is that I get to eat at some of my favorite places. I have been spending summer weekends in LBI for about 18 years, and I lived there full time for a few summers as well. Over the course of that time I have found a ton of fantastic little places to eat around the Beach Haven area, one of those being Tiki Taco.

My cousin and his wife get tacos every time they come down from Tiki Taco. I have not been there as frequently, but I do get the same thing almost every time I go because they are so incredible. I always order the fish tacos, and I am only disappointed when they tell me they are out of them. Tiki Taco offers 5 or 6 different kinds of salsa, as well as all different kinds of taco combinations, burritos, and side dishes. There isn’t any seating inside, but they have picnic tables outside that you can enjoy your tacos at.




I have never had tacos so delicious. The fish seems to be either mahi mahi or cod, and it is deep fried for a few minutes. There are a few different sauces to choose from, but I always choose the chipotle lime sauce. Also added to the tacos is pickled cabbage and lettuce. The pickled cabbage is incredibly citrusy, and I love the flavor that it adds to these tacos. There are many different textures and flavors, and they all come together in perfection. The softness of the taco mixes perfectly with the crunchiness of the fried fish, and the creaminess of the sauce is cut with the vinegar taste of the cabbage and the spice of the chipotle.

I have never had fish tacos in Hawaii or California, but I know that these are the best fish tacos that I have ever had on the east coast. The other tacos I have had at Tiki are extremely good as well. I would love to see what they could do with a larger restaurant space, because they are doing a fantastic job now as it is. Don’t miss an opportunity to try the tacos at Tiki Taco if you make your way to LBI. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers