Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Lunch in LBI

Tucker’s
101 South West Avenue
Beach Haven, NJ 08008

As I mentioned in my last post, there are but a few places in Beach Haven to eat that are any good, but I would consider Tucker’s one of them that I have mixed feelings about. Although I sometimes find the food a bit inconsistent, I have had enough good meals there to recommend it as a place to eat in Long Beach Island.

This particular visit came on a Saturday afternoon during Memorial Day weekend. A friend of mine from work and his brother met up with me and my girlfriend for lunch. We enjoyed a few beers while we waited for our food. I decided on a bowl of their baked potato soup because I am obsessed with potato soup and not many places offer it. We also shared some appetizers, mussels in a marinara sauce and steamed shrimp.

The mussels were delicious. I do not know how restaurants seem to make them so much better than I can at home, but they just seem meatier and more delicious when I order them while I am out. The broth was a little spicy and perfectly tomatoey. The shrimp were simply so-so. They were very plain and they did not taste too much like the old bay that they has sprinkled on their shells.

The baked potato soup turned out to be pretty good. My brother had recommended it to me (he is a bus boy there), and I was very happy that it turned out to be so good. It was rich and salty, creamy and fantastic. It had chunks of potatoes and bacon bits in each and every bite; it was a fantastic combination.

Tucker’s is worth a visit if you are in the Beach Haven area. They offer decent food, but they have really incredible desserts. They serve them in large dessert glasses, and each one that I have tried has been wonderful. Get out there and give it a try! Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers