Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rustic Food is a Winner

The Rustic Grille
519 Stokes Road
Medford, NJ 08055

Sundays are usually a day that my family gets together and has dinner. This particular Sunday everyone was busy, so my girlfriend and I headed out to the Rustic Grill in Medford for a quick dinner. As I have mentioned before, Medford really only has a few good places to eat, but I consider the Rustic Grill to be one of them. I have not eaten there as often as some of the other places in Medford because my family is not as fond of it as I am, but it is a pretty solid meal each time that I dine there.

A bowl of chicken pastina and a chicken pesto panini seemed like a great pairing to me, so I ordered that and my girlfriend ordered a Sicilian soup and ravioli. The soup came out first, and I was almost perfectly happy with it. It was good, but it wasn’t great. The thing that really missed the mark for me was the broth. Everything was very well done, but the broth was a little watery and it lacked the depth of flavor that one usually gets in a chicken pastina broth. All of the ingredients inside the broth however were very good. The chicken was tender and the vegetables were delicious.





My sandwich was also pretty close to fantastic. The only drawback to the sandwich was that it was not crispy enough for me to consider it a panini. The bread was a bit chewier than I would have liked, but it had great flavor and I really enjoyed it.

The Rustic Grill to me is a bit like a TGI Friday’s or a Chili’s, but it has a lot better value for what you get. You are not paying corporate chain prices for the same food, and that always makes it better. I would recommend the Rustic Grill to anyone looking for a meal in Medford that gives you some bang for your buck. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers