Thursday, June 12, 2014

Burger Madness...



PYT
1050 North Hancock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123

My fiancé and I started looking at wedding venues soon after we got engaged. On that day, we went out to Northern Liberties to see a space called the Cescaphe Ballroom. When we finished up seeing the site, we walked past the Piazza at Schmidts and my girlfriend happened to spot PYT. We decided to take advantage of being in No. Libs and try one of the places we had heard a lot about. 



PYT is a hipster joint known for its crazy burger selection options and its all around delicious food.  There were so many things that I wanted to order that I had a really difficult time choosing what to order. I wound up making a decision on the buffalo chicken burger crusted with buffalo wing pretzel crisps and my fiancé the Korean short rib burger with kim chee, both of which were served with really good fries.



They had some amazing options to choose from, but we wound up choosing two really great ones in my opinion. I don’t have chicken burgers very often, but this one was spot on. It was spicy, crunchy and all kinds of delicious. It was coated in buffalo wing pretzel crisps which are some of my favorite snacks and they really added a delicious bit of crunch and flavor to the burger. I also had the pleasure of tasting my fiancé's Korean short rib burger with kim chee and it was phenomenal. Korean food has such bold flavors, and this burger encompassed many of them. On the one hand it was a meaty burger, and on the other it was topped with the deliciously fermented kim chee and a Korean bbq sauce. It all went so well together, its hard to believe others haven’t put together such an incredible combination before. The French fries at PYT are magnificent as well. They are very nice and crispy on the outside, and super duper fluffy on the inside. They are the perfect accompaniment to the delicious burger offerings that PYT has.



Three and a half pints for PYT. I cannot wait to go back because of the unique and amazing options that that they have. I recently read about two new additions to the menu, a burger sandwiched in between two pieces of chicken parmigiana and a burger sandwiched in between two potato skins. Who comes up with this stuff? I want to know because they are geniuses!  You should try it A.S.A.P.! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers