Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Dad Didn't Make Food this Good...



Dad's Deli
135 North Maple Avenue
Marlton, NJ 08053

As I mentioned in one of my previous entries, I am now using a list of the 50 best sandwiches in South Jersey sometimes when I am looking up places to grab some chow. One day when I was meeting a couple buddies to play golf with, I had some time in between getting a haircut and meeting them, so I looked for a place on the list that was in the area and I headed over there to grab a sandwich. That place was Dad's Deli in Marlton. 



I had driven past it numerous times and I never even known it was there. It’s a bit hidden, but once you find it, it's well worth visiting. It was pretty packed while I was there, and I hadn’t been there before, so I really didn’t know how to order or what to do. Eventually I got my chance  and I ordered the sandwich they had been nominated for; the southwestern turkey sandwich. When I got the sandwich I realized it was enormous! Not only was it in a long hoagie roll, but it was packed so full of meat it must have weighed multiple pounds!



 I dug in once I got in my car and the taste was oh so good. The southwestern turkey was moist and had a really nice bit of spice to it. There was just the right amount of lettuce and onions on it as well. The double stacked pepperjack cheese on the bottom really made all the difference. There was enough cheese so that it tasted like cheese, but it wasn’t overpowering. The turkey was the star though, deliciously spicy and flavorful. There was mountains of it, so I only ate a half before I played golf, but when I ate the second half later the next night, it was just as good as the other.

Three pints for Dad's Deli. I cannot wait to go back and have the southwestern turkey sandwich or some of the other deliciousness that they are offering up over there. It’s a small place, but a great place to grab some good deli fare. They do catering as well, so check them out and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers