Monday, June 30, 2014

Pizza Friday...



Nomad Pizza
611 South 7th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

One Friday during the summer when I stayed at my fiance's place while she was at work, I was starving and she didn’t have any food to eat for lunch. I had been having pizza cravings for a while, and since Philly's pizza scene is booming, I decided to give one of the places I had  been hearing a lot about a try. Lucikly, one of them happened to be right around the corner, so I walked over to Nomad pizza to pick up a pie.



It was quite small inside, but it had a pretty cool vibe to it. It was a little hipster, but it had a lot of charm. I walked up to the counter and looked over the menu. It was a tough decision because the menu had too many good choices on it, but I wound up choosing the Spicy Soppresatta pizza. 



Nomad is known for having fresh, local and organic ingredients on all of its pizzas. They list the local farms that they get the produce from on a blackboard that hangs on the wall, which I thought was pretty cool. The Spicy Soppresatta had tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, soppressata, oregano, organic garlic, red pepper flakes, organic parmesan and honey. The pizza was made right in front of me as soon as I ordered it,  and it was put into the scorching hot oven. It came out almost as soon as it went in, which goes to show you how hot the oven was, and I could not wait to dig into it. 



The soppresatta had become very crispy, and some of its fat had rendered out onto the pizza. The crust was thin and blistered, the way that I have come to love my pizza. You could taste each of the ingredients on its own, and the flavor was incredibly fresh. I loved the slight heat from the red pepper flakes, especially when it was combined with the sweet touch of the honey. I also really loved the creamy, rich flavor of the mozzarella and the fresh, herbaceous taste of basil. I could have devoured the entire pizza and then some. It was a masterpiece.

Three and a half pints for Nomad Pizza. I really enjoyed the flavors brought out in the pie I tried, and I was really enticed by the entire menu. I love their philosophy on pizza and I cannot wait to try more. Its definitely worth a visit, so check it out and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers