Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Burger Bonanza...

Village Whiskey
118 South 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

A couple weeks ago I wanted to show my buddies a place in Philly that I had been once in the past and I had absolutely been blown away by. That place was Village Whiskey, owned by the one and only Jose Garces. It is a whiskey bar, in the style of a pub from the prohibition era, located in the heart of Rittenhouse Square. We all went over one day after work, because it is extremely difficult to get into at almost any other time than before 6pm.

I had been raving about this place for a while, so I was hoping that it was going to be just as good as it had been when I was there last November. I ordered a Yards to sip on while I waited for the burger with cheddar and pickled long hots to come out that I ordered as well as the order of duck fat fries I was going to split with my buddy from work. 



I love Yards’ beer. This one in particular had a slight hoppy finish, and was full bodied all the way through. It was the perfect thing to wash down my burger and fries with, and it was not long before they both came out.

The burger looks phenomenal when it comes out, and it tastes just as good as it looks. All the burgers at Village Whiskey come standard with lettuce, tomato, and home made Thousand Island dressing, but you can order it the way you want it if you do not want any of those things. I kept it the way it was, and simply added the cheddar cheese and the pickled long hot peppers to it. My burger was simply perfection; 8 oz of perfectly cooked meat on a delicious sesame seed roll, and it had the perfect amount of spice added to it with the kick from the pickled long hot peppers.



The burgers are honestly so good at Village Whiskey that I do not think you need cheese at all. The meat had so much flavor and it pretty much melts in your mouth with each and every bite; it really was incredible. If you get any cheese I would recommend the mountain chevre, a goat’s cheese that is incredibly creamy and rich.



The duck fat fries were amazing as well. They are so crispy and so salty in a good way. They were served with cheese sauce and house made ketchup that was absolutely dynamite.

I would recommend Village Whiskey to each and everyone out there. It may be a little pricey, but you get what you pay for, and the quality of these burgers is simply unmatched. I love the feel of the place, and all of the food that I have had there is just outrageously good. If you are going to go I recommend for lunch or early enough that you beat the crowd because it can be next to impossible to get in. Go try it now! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers