Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chowwwwwda...

Country Kettle Chowder
830 N. Bay Avenue
Beach Haven, NJ 08008

One of my favorite places to get chowder on Long Beach Island is at Country Kettle Chowder. They offer a few different kinds of soups that you can order in a bread bowl if you so wish, and that is usually how I order it when I visit. On this particular visit I went with my girlfriend, my friend and his girlfriend.

My girlfriend and I split the New England Clam Chowder in a bread bowl. They bake the bread fresh every day so it really makes the chowder standout that much more. The crispy bread was texturally fantastic, and the soft interior portion of the bread soaked up all the incredible flavor of the clam chowder. 



The chowder itself was packed with flavor. It was deliciously creamy, and it was full of chunks of potatoes and clams. Each bite was full of both, and I savored each and every last drop of the soup until there was nothing left but the bread.

Country Kettle Chowder is definitely one of the best places on Long Beach Island to get some New England clam chowder. Their bread bowls really set them apart from the rest of their competition, and their consistently great soups keep them in the top year in and year out. It’s hidden next to Bay Village, so give it a try if you are hankering for some chowder! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers